Integration & Support Engineer
- Place : Vélizy-Villacoublay, France
- Contract type : Permanent
- Kind of training :5 years Engineering School or University
- Availability :ASAP
ERCOM is the leading French designer and manufacturer of sophisticated telecommunication solutions.
Founded 25 years ago, our company of 140 people is structured to serve two industries: telecommunications with its Mobipass® product range to test and measure 4G/LTE networks, and mobile security with its Cryptosmart® product range.
To pursue its strong development, ERCOM seeks an Integration & Support Engineer.
Location: Vélizy, France (Paris area) including several business trips abroad.
The Support & Integration Engineer reports to the Operations department and is involved in two key stages of a project lifecycle:
- Implementation of ERCOM systems at the client’s location.
- Operational maintenance of deployed platforms.
The Support & Integration Engineer ensures proper technical implementation by complying with a number of requirements (thoroughness, quality, schedules).
Primary responsibilities include:
- Supporting the full technical scope related to the implementation of ERCOM platforms: system, network, business. These tasks are performed closely with multiple stakeholders: clients, R&D, project and technical partners, project managers, etc.
- Resolving incidents, remotely or at the client’s site.
- Maintaining state of the art platforms (system and network recommendations).
- Managing software maintenance.
Multiple contacts require good interpersonal skills, but this operational function, and the high stakes of each case, require such qualities as thoroughness and organization as well.
Required experience and knowledge
- Experience: Operational and technical experience with system administration (including Linux) and networks is required.
- Required Skills:
- Excellent command of mobile networks (2G, 3G, 4G architectures and protocols)
- And/or excellent command of architecture and protocols commonly found in ISPs
- And/or excellent command of satellite networks (architectures and protocols)
- Good general knowledge of new technologies.
- Education: 5 years Engineering School or University
- Strong interpersonal skills, autonomy, driving proposals, analytical capabilities, confidentiality.
- Technical English (written and spoken).
Location: Vélizy, France (Paris area), including business trips abroad
Contract: Permanent position
Education: 5 years Engineering School or University
Languages: Fluency in English is essential
Level of experience: 3 to 10 years.
Able to obtain confidential defense clearance.